Monday, June 05, 2006

Doming's Testimony

I thank the Lord that I did not die suddenly.


It was the last week of January 2006 when I started feeling light headed. I tried ignoring it hoping it would soon go away. But then I started getting paler. My back muscles started to ache and it bothered me when I lay down on my back. I kept on praying for recovery but the draining of my strength alarmed me.


First week of February, while Loree was having her check-up for hysterectomy, I went to see the doctor. The CBC test showed that my blood count was down to 7. The doctor had me admitted in the provincial hospital for blood transfusion. Then I was transferred to St. Luke’s Hospital in Manila. I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma, a cancer of the blood. This information took time to sink into my mind. After realizing the implications of such disease, the fear of death started to cloud my dear life. Despair started to creep in and occupy my mind.


I cried to the Lord for help and the bible passage that came into mind was “Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will to you in Christ Jesus”
(1 Thes. 5:16-18). This passage restored my whole being and gave me the right perspective on how to deal with this malignant condition.

I desire to continue serving the Lord for more years. In my heart, I know this is not impossible with God. This is certain in Matthew 19:26, Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” I claim this truth to apply to my situation. Another promise I am holding on to is John 15:7, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.”


As the physical pain becomes unbearable and the emotional turmoil becomes agonizing, I am holding on. Through this, God creates in me a higher dimension of spirituality in which I can now see how sweet and precious our God is. He now puts me in a higher level of love. Through all these I had developed a purer love for my God. Before, I had loved God for my sake but now I love Him for His own sake, for who He is. And I want to stay in this level of love forever.

I praise the Lord that I did not die suddenly, giving me time to still enjoy my family, to put my home in order and to organize the things needed for our ministry on earth before going home to my final resting place.

Doming

1 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Sean Ransom said...

Hi Doming. Praise the Lord that you guys are using this blog for sharing what God is doing in and through you. I am challanged by what God is teaching you right now and I look forward to learning more about you and about God through your journey as you continue to blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home